AWANA is an international, Bible-centered student ministry providing local churches with weekly clubs and programs for preschoolers through 12th grade. Our goal is to reach boys and girls, and their families with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. AWANA is an acronym which comes from the first letters of the phrase: Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (2 Timothy 2:15).
Cubbies celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers (3- to 5-year olds) by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word. Preschoolers can hardly wait for their next Cubbies club meeting. Whether it’s the fun puppets, the exciting games or all their Cubbies friends, they simply love it. At Story Time each week, preschoolers learn about God – the greatness of His love and His Word – and about His Son, Jesus Christ, the promised Savior. Non-competitive games build excitement and reinforce Story Time lesson themes. Cubbies helps you lead your child to God early so your child will respect and trust Him for life.
Sparks ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ. To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week! They love their red vests, the exciting games and spending time with leaders and friends.
Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®, WingRunner® and SkyStormer™. Each year, Sparks clubbers:
· Explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
· Memorize Bible verses
· Complete handbook activities
The handbooks, combined with Large Group Time lessons from the WHO Do I Need to Know From the Bible series, take your child on a journey through the entire Bible
Truth & Training (T&T) has exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word! T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
· Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
· Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
· A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives.
This year we are launching something new... AWANA Youth! We know the teen years can be quite the journey as youth navigate school, friends, family, their future...and yes their faith. Journey® establishes students as lifelong disciples through a deep study of God's Word, mobilizing them to live with Godly perspective and evident faith. If you are in 6th through 12th grade we invite you to join us on this...